On a Boat & Bike cycling holiday, you are able to enjoy all the features of a cycling holiday combined with a river cruise along famous waterways throughout Europe. One of the main benefits of this type of cycling holiday is that you remove the need to unpack each day whilst still going from place-to-place on your bike.
Also known as 'Bike and Barge' or 'Sail and Cycle' cycling holidays, these active holidays have grown in popularity every year that we have been running them and cabins do sell out quickly especially on famous routes along the River Danube and through the Dutch canals.
Boat & Bike cycling holidays also give you the option to stay on-board the ship and simply enjoy the waterside surroundings from the boat. This is ideal if you prefer not to cycle everyday whilst your partner or family are out on the bike. Average cycling distances tend to be less than 50 km and you will meet your ship at a nearby berthing point.
Boat & Bike Cycling Holidays include the following on most sailings...
– Overnights in cabins with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
– Program according to tour course from/to your starting berth
– Welcome drink (On selected tours)
– Daily cleaning of cabins
– Linen and change of towels as required
– Full board: breakfast buffet, small lunch or lunch package for bike tours, coffee and tea in the afternoon, dinner
– All harbour fees, lock and bridge dues (unless stated)
– 1 travel guide per booked cabin
– Daily briefing of bike tours
– Tour guidance on board
('What's included' is subject to change according to each sailing and date.)
© 2015 Freewheel Holidays.